Monday, June 4, 2018

Thoughts On Life In General

Every so often I take a few minutes to reflect on Life Itself.  As I look around and see former Co-Workers and others slide into their Golden Years in failing health, it makes me take stock in my life.

It also make me re-evaluate who my friend are and also why should I still consider some of them to be friends?

Unlike many people, I would NEVER Un-Friend a "Real" friend on Facebook or Twitter due to their political views.
I Respect everyone's Right to their own personal views, agree or disagree.  Who is to say if Their Views or My Views are the Correct Ones?

This week has been a Life Changing Week on Twitter.
First there was the Racist Remarks meant to be a joke by Rosanne Barr.
I first met Rosanne Barr in 1985 when she was my Regular Waitress at George McKelvy's Comedy Club in Denver.  Rosanne's Husband at the time, Bill Pentland, was a "House Comedian" at the club who would warm up the crowd for the Headliner.   Bill, was a Great Guy and the perfect warm  up act as he was Funny without getting in the way of the Headliner.   Rosanne, was given the chance to get up on open mike nights and eventually do an eight minute routine each night in addition to her waitress duties.  Her "Domestic Goddess" routine was hilarious!   Then in 1988 she got her big break with her hit television show "Rosanne".   Two years later she Divorced Bill who honestly, I liked Far Better Personally than I ever liked Rosanne!
The Bottom Line with Rosanne and her Hit Television Re-Boot is Rosanne cost over 100 people their jobs with her STUPID RACIST Tweet in the Middle of The Night!  I feel for them and their families as losing her job will not cause Rosanne to miss any meals.

While Disney Entertainment, which owns ABC, ESPN and other Entertainment Outlets, did the Right Thing, many conservatives feel different.
President Trump said he feels ABC Owes him and apology for things the network has made about  him.  This honestly is something I am conflicted about.  While ABC and ESPN have made some Brutal and Un-True about the President, he is a public figure and that is something he should expect.

When it comes to the Rude and Obscene things said by TBS's Samantha Bee, that is an entirely different story!
On her BASIC CABLE Show she said of President Trump's Daughter Ivanka calling her a “Feckless Cunt”.  If you do not know the meaning of "Feckless: it is defined as Weak and Ineffective. 
So why has she NOT BEEN FIRED?  She claimed that she was caught up in the moment, however, she made the Exact Same Remarks in Prior Rehearsals.  In my limited Episodic Television experience, there was always a "Standards and Practices" person on set who  would often require scrips to be changed to meet Accepted Guidelines by the Federal Communication Commission and the Network.  So where was Standards and Practices?   Even Late Night ( after 10pm ) this type of Vulgarity does NOT BELONG on Basic Cable!  

I was Shocked and Very Sad when I read Sally Field's tweet concerning the Rude and Disgusting Samantha Bee remarks about President Trump's Daughter, Ivanka.

If you have not read her Tweet, I warn you to Be Prepared!

I like Samantha Bee a lot, but she is flat wrong to call Ivanka a cunt.

Cunts are powerful, beautiful, nurturing and honest.

I expected Kathy Griffen to support Samantha Bee but Sally Field?  Is Hollywood became So Liberal they have lost their Morals and Good Taste?  I think the answer is clear!

Don't get me wrong, I Believe In Free Speech!
Facebook has said they  are now "Removing offensive stories from their site."  Strange, I still see TONS of Anti-Trump stories and yet I have had Links To My Blog which including Pro-Trump stories REMOVED with no explanation!  Who is in charge?  Obviously someone who in NOT Supportive of President Trump.  That is why I encourage regular readers to Subscribe to my blog ( YES, It Is Free ) so Social Media Censorship will not get in the way of Fairness.

This heat is Offensive!
While it is Hot this week, it will get A LOT HOTTER in the next few months!

I always welcome  your feedback. 

Thanks for reading. 





1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I don't think I could ever unfriend a true friend for their political views. However, there are times that my true friends post liberal nonsense, rant and rave, and I have to unfollow them for a time. Which for me, I think is okay. I post so many pictures of my granddaughter, I hope they unfollow me, but stay friends if I bombard them too much. I have a handful of celebrities, (mostly Deadwood actors), that I managed to get them to add me to FB, and sometimes I HAVE to unfollow them when it gets stupid there too. However, I am grateful none of them cheered on Samantha Bee.

So Much Talent In Vegas

I know it has been a couple of weeks since my last blog.  I have been under the weather big time but am feeling better.  I also have an appo...